Saturday, January 30, 2010

Working on school photos for Chapter 3.




I've begun working on Ch. 3, which will contain photos of schools, school events, sporting events, and classroom scenes in Cherokee County. Found some great "Buddy" photos of school dances, football games, and my favorite, a photo of the Canton Elementary Halloween carnival in 1968. Had to make a few phone calls to find out when Janice Cummings won the Cherokee High School Snow Queen award (I believe it was 1957). I need to get some copies of about 6-8 photos from the Hist. Soc. to finish the chapter, mostly of the Cherokee Training School, and scenes from schools in Holly Springs and Buffington. I also found Byron Dobbs in the 1957 photo of teachers at Canton Grammar School. Need to call him, too. Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment